Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to the Cult of the ARK

Welcome to Our Community! Our goal is to provide the best ARK: Survival Evolved experience possible! Feel free to interact with our Forums and play on our Servers!
Play Now!

Join Our Discord

Don't miss a thing! Interact with members of our Community and Staff.
Join

New Here?

For help with getting started in the community, check out some of our guides.
Get Started

Need Help?

Our Staff is here to help! If you need assistance with anything, message a Staff Member via our website or our Discord, or Submit a Support Request.
Support
Info
  • Welcome to the Cult of the ARK Community!
Kuma

Thoughts on the Weekday/Weekend Cycles

So this is just so I can see your thoughts on this. I've been noticing tribes building up each week and since the structure damage is low, everyone builds up, which is what it's designed to do. However, once the weekend hits, bam, people get wiped left and right. This seems to be a recurring theme.

I've been thinking of some things to remedy this. What if instead of cycling the settings weekly, we do it every other week? So an entire 11 days with low structure damage then 3 days with it normal. It would cycle to be normal on the days it is now, Friday - Sunday.

I'm not making a poll or any changes right now. Just want some feedback. What we're trying to aid here is these weekly wipes. So any other ideas etc are welcome and encouraged :) 

• Upvote 1

Im not saying I want this necessarily, but what about ORP? With an hour or two cooldown before it activates when tribes log off, so people cant just log off the second the start getting attacked. This would be balanced in a way because the smaller tribes wouod be more secure and have the chance to build up (less members) while bigger tribes with more people would have a greater chance to defend their bases. 

Edited by Organized Chaos
Typo

18 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Im not saying I want this necessarily, but what about ORP? With an hour or two cooldown before it activates when tribes log off, so people cant just log off the second the start getting attacked. This would be balanced in a way because the smaller tribes wouod be more secure and have the chance to build up (less members) while bigger tribes with more people would have a greater chance to defend their bases. 

No ORP, ever. :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mofongo said:

If we're going to have so many safe days, why not just allow Dino transfer all the time? 

1 hour ago, RiPnUrMiNd said:

I like the idea and like atone said as long as we can still Dino transfer on the weekends for boss fights and such. 

We'd decide that once we get it figured out more on what we'd do.

Yeah I get wiped every weekend unless I havnt been discovered yet (which is rare), so having more days to build up would give me a little bit more time to prepare or at least have a fun time building up before I get hammered by bigger tribes. 

I agree I think a few more days would be better, before this server I transferred from like 4 servers and got wiped before I even got my plant species up or anything. That server was x40 resources so I think since this server is only x4 that it’s necessary 

@Kuma I personally hate being the nay sayer in the group here but I’m gonna have to disagree. People are already getting 5 days to build up, that’s 5 days more than they would get on official. I understand wanting to protect the smaller tribes but bigger tribes will take full advantage of this, think of this as a whole picture with cluster server in mind. Big tribes will not have just 5 days to transfer everything to attack but will have 11 days to build up on a server. Then it’s repeat for any small tribe who are currently stuck in the loop for 5 days but it will be on every server. Instead of making it safer for people who are wanting to troll the smaller tribes let the smaller tribes learn how to properly defend themselves by getting a metal base up and creating a Dino pin instead of leaving the dino’s out in the open like so many of them do. It is a pvp server everyone, please learn to properly defend against trolls. It’s not the big tribes of the server on rag that’s going around wiping the smaller tribes it’s the tribes from other servers coming over here and uploading c4 while attacking stone bases that have had 5 days to put up auto turrets. P.S. no I’m not one of the trolls this is my discord name and in game name. You won’t find too many deaths of dino’s With my name on them unless it has to do with truly raiding with the tribe I’m in. 

Edited by Ma50n001
  • Like 1

Auto turrets are simple to make if anyone is truly new and needs help on a guide on how to survive I don’t mind dming people on discord a day by day how to guide for a solo player. Anyone who is 3-5 man tribe and are still getting raided you can totally message me as well because the system is the same but because you have more hands you will just get to build faster. In the dm message me what map you are on so I can alter the building plan. If you are SE servers god help your soul because idk why anyone would willingly WANT to start on that server lol.

• Like 1

We'll leave it as is. Although we do our best to help out smaller tribes (removing spawn traps and moderating toxic tribes etc), we can only help someone so much.