Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to the Cult of the ARK

Welcome to Our Community! Our goal is to provide the best ARK: Survival Evolved experience possible! Feel free to interact with our Forums and play on our Servers!
Play Now!

Join Our Discord

Don't miss a thing! Interact with members of our Community and Staff.
Join

New Here?

For help with getting started in the community, check out some of our guides.
Get Started

Need Help?

Our Staff is here to help! If you need assistance with anything, message a Staff Member via our website or our Discord, or Submit a Support Request.
Support
Info
  • Welcome to the Cult of the ARK Community!
Kuma

Custom Drops Revisions

As we're all aware, changes need to be made to our drops. What aspects do you like about our current custom drops, and what kind of items would you like to see added and/or removed from the drops? Generally the direction would be to nerf them overall.

Remove indy forges from greens and add cryopods to them, I like the longnecks and tranqs because otherwise I'd never use them, flak needs to go because it makes flak running bases much more inexpensive and easy. Turrets should go along with metal structures and the smithy. Keep bullets in them because grinding for them is a pain. Less ascendant stuff from purples, golds and reds would be nice but cave drops should be buffed to make up for this, I think blue drops are fine where they are and I think it would be cool if we got boss tribute along with the artifacts in white drops. I'm still fine with the occasional indy forge, chem bench or cooker in Red Drops but the element you get should be upped because 1 element is nothing.

• Upvote 1

COTA is feeling much less rewarding playing it currently, we have played the previous two wipes and our best moments playing was when you actually had to spend time to get something someone else didn’t have, we started playing again last week and we have already surpassed where it took us a month to get we don’t need kibble dinos we don’t need to do metal runs we just hit drops and delete Indy forges and it really is taking the reward out of playing. Drops should be nerfed massively white drops should go back to spark powder maybe some mortar and pestles, bolas, standing torches and maybe some promote weapons like spear and bow to help brand new players, green should maybe spawn stone based with maybe storage box and campfires because stone is still hard to raid weekdays and gives them time to build, blue, purple, gold and red shouldn’t change makes jumping into the game killing dodos on the beach and being able to troll to easy, I remember the times when someone was trolling the whole server got together to find them because they defo had a base somewhere now you can just live on the fly on your petra and hit drops. Cave drops and underwater drops keep the same items as official just give them more damage and armour and please please please bring back blueprints to regular drops, seeing the server die after playing it for so long is quite sad and I still have many more suggestions but I would sat here typing all day. 

I would like to see more variety overall, and add rare item that are hard to come by if you a smaller tribe things like Wyvern Milk as my tribe found out even with two or more people is pretty difficult to get. Some other things that could be added are air conditioners, fridges, chainsaws, Ect. The main point here is just need more variety make them less Predictable. I don’t want to go “hey guys go get us some kibble, go find a blue drop” I want to say “we need kibble we could look for a drop but might be faster to just craft it”

I agree with Moschops on the the drop rework, I like the idea of boss tributes in the white drops, the bullets, and then making it to where you have to grind for the fridge, AC ect, with the occasional Indy forged, I thoroughly enjoy the thought of no metal structures, turrets, less flak and other things that make running a base easy day one, I do agree with Shadow on adding maybe some wyvern milk to blue drops and on aberration maybe nameless venom, just the drops now have made it to easy to attack others day one, I ultimately agree with Moschops and think his is the best one.

But not many wyverns need milk, for us bigger tribes it easy, not saying make it common, I’m sure you can go ahead and possible put it in like a red drop or something at least then, but wyverns also can not be used for raiding due to no saddle, their more of a “I got a dragon” at least to me. I think overall it could be a good change.